Whether you have a new puppy that you want to start off on the right paw, or if you have an older dog that has developed some bad habits, J.L. Legacy can tailor a private training session for your needs. We can cover:
- Assessment of your training needs.
- Puppy proofing your home.
- Puppy pre-kindergarten for puppies too young to attend formal training sessions (under 4 months).
- Respect of your home's boundries, inside and out.
- How to greet guests in your home.
- Taking your dog out in the community.
- Basic commands.
- Come when called.
- How to enter and exit your vehicle safely.
- Guarding or dominance issues.
- Detering unwanted behavior.
- Develop good manners and habits.
Private training sessions can take place here at our outdoor training ring or at your home. If you are unsure of which type of training would be appropriate, we offer a training evaluation to determine your needs and the best way to achieve them. We also offer a "board and train" program that is appropriate for some dogs on rare occasions in specific instances. All dogs must show proof of current vaccines (Rabies, DHLPP or equivalent, Bordetella), free of internal and external parasites and communicable diseases. You will be expected to provide an appropriate leash, collar and treats for each lesson. Private training sessions are meant for family or personal companion dogs. We do not offer training for protection or guarding property.
- Training Evaluation at J.L. Legacy - $35 (30 minute session)
- Training Evaluation at your home - $50 (30 minute session)
- Private Training at J.L. Legacy - $50 per session
- Private Training at your home - $75 per session
- Board and Train at J.L. Legacy - $75 a day
*Rates subject to change. One (1) Training Evaluation is approximately thirty (30) minutes in length. One (1) training session is approximately one (1) hour in length. There will be a $50 charge for any scheduled service cancelled less than 24 hours from your scheduled appointment. Payment is in cash or check only and is expected at the conclusion of each session.
Return to Training
For inquiries or reservations at J.L. Legacy please contact us at 540-872-4123 in order to arrange for a pre-visit.